Ensa has extensive experience in the field of fresh and used fuel containers. Since 1985, Ensa has provided containers from multiple technologies, including proprietary designs, providing a complete service to its customers from conceptual design to operation and onsite load. Ensa has capabilities for performing the following activities:
- Source term
- Shielding and critiality
- Structural and seismic
- Design and supply of auxiliary equipment
- Load, operation and inspection in nuclear power plants
Ensa has supplied casks to China, Japan and the United States. Moreover, it has provided all the containers in operation for the Spanish Independent Spent Fuel Storage Installation (ATI for its acronym in Spanish).
Ensa’s proprietary designs, for Dual-Purpose (storage and transport), are the following:
- Ensa Dual Purpose Cask (ENSA-DPT).
- Hitachi – Ensa Dual Purpose cask (HI-EN69).
- Ensa Universal Cask (ENUN 32P).
- Ensa Universal Cask (ENUN 52B).
- Ensa Universal Cask (ENUN 52BR).