Our products and services help to generate clean energy that respects the environment. We maintain this respect in all our processes, taking into account new technical developments, scientific knowledge, customer needs and the expectations of the public. Our factory is located in a sensitive environmental area south of the Bay of Santander, in the estuary of Ria del Carmen, opposite the White Marshes. Listed as a local nature reserve, it is classified by SEO/BirdLife as a bird sanctuary area. Therefore our commitment to the environment is even greater and constant.
We own an expert and environmental management system based on ISO 14001:2004 in strict compliance with environmental laws and regulations at a local, national and European level. We study the risks and establish preventive actions in our environmental management plans, which also applies to our activities outside our facilities. We promote the knowledge of the environment and its problems and encourage the environmental awareness of all our staff through training and encouraging the fulfillment of our activities in an environmentally responsible way.
We operate responsibly and transparently, managing and effectively separating different types of waste and making good use of energy, water and raw materials. Consumptions, emissions and waste are identified and controlled by our staff and accredited testing bodies. Moreover, we establish and evaluate environmental objectives and targets and promote their use by our subcontractors.
In line with our environmental policy, we make the following specific actions:
- We have a clean point with an area of 450 m2 equipped with safety areas to storage flammable and hazardous waste, as well as an area for storage and removal of non-hazardous and recyclable waste.
- We sort waste at its origin. For this reason we have implemented a system of selective collection of all waste produced in our production halls. We promote proper waste sorting and recycling o their valuation.
- We develop training programs for new employees and staff already working at the company to ensure their continuing suitability and competence in environmental matters.
- We carry out regular awareness campaigns in order to promote environmental awareness among our staff and subcontractors and visitors to our facilities.
- We periodically monitor wastewater and air emissions to ensure compliance with the legal requirements applicable to us.
- We perform periodic inspections and internal audits to monitor compliance with environmental requirements and identify improvement actions.
- We monitor the environmental aspects of our activities by the surveillance and periodic reporting of the environmental indicator.
ENVIRONMENTAL PRINCIPLES AND POLICY
Ensa is a company dedicated to the manufacture of equipment and the provision of services for the civil nuclear industry. Our activity contributes to the fight against climate change by helping to generate low-carbon energy and establishing measures to reduce the carbon footprint of our processes.
We feel deep respect for the privileged setting of our factory and maintain and active commitment to protect the ecosystem and biodiversity contributing to the maintenance of the resources and services that they provide to people.
Our commitment to environmental protection and pollution prevention is embodied in the maintenance and continuous improvement of the environmental management system and the establishment of the annual programme of objectives always seeking the improvement of our environmental performance and maintaining the commitment to comply with the applicable legal requirements, as well as other internal requirements.
We listen to our interested parties, both internal and external, and attend to their needs and expectations, maintaining a principle of transparency of relevant information and encouraging communication processes with them.
We consider the active participation of our workers in the environmental culture of the Organization as fundamental, so we stimulate the environmental awareness to all the personnel educating and motivating them so that all operations are performed in a responsible manner with regard to the environment.
It is equally important the promotion of our commitment by our subcontractors, demanding an improvement of their practices in order to suit them to Ensa’s concerning environmental matters.
All the principles of this policy are taken into account in the design and performance of our processes and activities, always considering the efficient use of energy and raw materials and applying measures that prevent the generation of waste, favor recycling and its valorization.